R&I OPERATIONS SPECIALIST I (ELECTRONIC SERVICES), Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP – Wheeling, WV – posted 7/12/17
Orrick currently has an opening for an R&I Operations Specialist I (Electronic Services). This position will be located at the Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV.
Orrick is again one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, the annual list that recognizes companies with extraordinary workplace cultures. Selected among hundreds of companies that Fortune considered this year, Orrick is one of only five law firms to make the 2017 list.
The R&I Operations Specialist is primarily responsible for facilitating and improving access to and control over the firm’s electronic information resources. You will enhance attorney and staff ability to utilize practice-specific resources using numerous methods, including training and the development and promotion of electronic finding aids like intranet portal pages and the library catalog. You will also assist in the management and oversight of information resources by identifying and implementing process efficiencies, supporting specialized databases, and generating a variety of customized reports.
- Provides access to awareness of practice-specific resources, using the library catalog and other discovery tools as appropriate.
- You will coordinate all activities having to do with the library’s automated system, including maintaining and supporting catalog integrity, user interface, and improving software functionality.
- You will gather, maintain, and report metrics (including usage) from integrated library system and research tracking software.
- You will craft, edit, and update standardized cataloging records for electronic and Internet resources.
- You will work with global R&I team to continuously update and enhance the department’s internal web portal and firm intranet site.
- Troubleshoots online access and technical issues; assists with administration of firm-wide contracts, password administration, cost recovery and analysis of database usage.
- Maintains effective relations with the providers of the firm’s electronic resources.
- You will assist with preparing training for R&I staff on online subscription resources and the library automated system, including creating customized training guides and setting up trials of new online resources.
- You will help with accurate and updated documentation of electronic services processes.
- M.L.S., M.L.I.S. or equivalent from ALA-accredited school preferred or a demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably in a law firm library; experience in electronic services or technical services desired.
- Knowledge of legal research resources and online databases.
- Demonstrated expertise with integrated library systems.
- Knowledge of Library technical services operations, such as LC cataloging practices, serials and continuations, preferably in the legal field.
- Experience cataloging legal materials, using OCLC, knowledge of AACR2, MARC format and LC classification. Competency with Windows based software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required. Skills in web design including HTML coding, SharePoint, and a programming/scripting language preferred.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to train preferred.
- High quality oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service principles and practices.
- Motivated, can-do individual.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/careers/ . Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.