The Ohio and Regional Associations of Law Librarians has a special interest group for county law librarians, ORALL-C. See Minutes.
2015/2016 County SIG Officers:
Shara Parkomaki of the Ashtabula County Law Library – Chair
Ron Vest of the Columbiana County Law Library – Vice Chair
The 2017 Annual Spring SIG Meeting Registration Packet will be available soon!
There is also a government entity called the Statewide Consortium of Ohio County Law Libraries
This statutorily created organization has five charges:
- Negotiate contracts that each county law library resources board may use for purchasing or obtaining access to legal research and reference materials available in any medium,
- Catalog existing resources held by county law library resources boards and facilitate the sharing of those resources by the county law library resources boards,
- Develop and recommend guidelines for the collection of or access to legal resources that ought to be provided by a county law library resources board,
- Provide consultation and assistance to county law library resources boards, and Issue an annual report of its activities to each county law library resources board,
- Issue an annual report of its activities to each county law library resources board.
The Statewide Consortium has court rules for all Ohio counties on its website at http://cocll.ohio.gov/Links.aspx
Photos of Ohio County Law Libraries can be found on Statewide Consortium of Ohio Law Libraries Facebook Page.